Deaths From Road Traffic Injuries
Annual Deaths in Absolute Numbers:
Assuming the population of USA 321 million, Israel 8.4 million, Euro-top 210 million (Germany 82 million, France 67 million, Italy 61 million).
World Traffic Accident Death Key Factors
- Worldwide car accidents deaths: An unspoken staggering estimated 1.35 million people die each year as a result of road traffic crashes.
- Worldwide Accident injuries: A huge toll on families and the economy are 20 to 50 million injuries from traffic accidents injured annually.
- Road traffic crashes are a major cause of death among all age groups and the leading cause of death for children and young adults aged 5–29 years.
- Income & car accidents: My research shows that the risk of dying in a road traffic crash is more than 3 times higher in low-income countries than in high-income countries. More than 90% of road traffic deaths occur in low-income and middle-income countries. Road traffic injury death rates are highest in the African region. Even within high-income countries, people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds are more likely to be involved in road traffic crashes.
- Young male Vs. female driving: Males are more likely to be involved in road traffic crashes than females. About three quarters (73%) of all road traffic deaths occur among young males under the age of 25 years who are almost 3 times as likely to be killed in a road traffic crash as young females.
- Speed: Every 1% increase in mean speed produces a 4% increase in the fatal crash risk and a 3% increase. An increase in average speed is directly related both to the likelihood of a crash occurring and to the severity of the consequences of the crash. For example, In the serious crash risk.
- Pedestrians: The death risk for pedestrians hit by car fronts rises rapidly (4.5 times from 50 km/h to 65 km/h).
- Car-to-car side impacts: The fatality risk for car occupants is 85% at 65 km/h.
Which Country is the Safest to Drive?
Comparing USA Vs. Europe’s top countries (Germany, France, Italy) Vs. Israel
Euro-top: 5.17 (average)
– Germany 4.3
– France 5.1
– Italy 6.1
WINNER-SAFEST in Traffic Accident Deaths: ISRAEL
- Israel‘s deaths from road traffic injuries are 1.61 times safer than the world average
- Israel’s deaths from road traffic injuries are 2.94 times safer than the USA
- Israel’s deaths from road traffic injuries are 1.44 times safer than Euro-top
DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.2551844, 10.5281/zenodo.2567780
Research by: Don Karl Juravin | Don Juravin tweets | Don Juravin videos | Don Juravin page | Don Karl Juravin Linkedin | Don Juravin education | Don Juravin Pinterest | Don Juravin images | Don Juravin blogs | Don Karl Juravin Reddit | Don Juravin scholar citation | JURAVIN RESEARCH | Don Juravin writer | Don Karl Juravin blog | Google+ | Ted Talks | Don Juravin docs | Don Juravin answers | Don Karl Juravin local | Juravin blogging | Juravin posts | Don Juravin Reviews |