In 2007 in Tel Aviv, Israel, Yoni and Ronen Assia, a couple of brothers coming from a banker family, teamed up with David Ring and decided to create a retail solution for online brokerage. That’s how RetailFX, the first incarnation of eToro, was created.
If you are interested in opening an account with this broker, you may also be interested in having more info about the etoro deposit.
eToro: Its History
Turning point for the project was 2010, when they released eToro OpenBook social investment platform, base for the actual trading platform, which also included its trademark feature: the “Copy Trader”. And in the same year, they also released their first eToro app.
Its exponential growth can be summed up in the following dates:
- From 2007 to 2013: eToro reached $31.5 million in only four funding rounds;
- December 2014: Russian and Chinese investors predicted eToro full potential and the online broker raised $27 million with their investments;
- December 2017: eToro reached the important goal of 100 million dollars in a private founding round;
- 2018: Company’s value worth reached $800 million.
eToro: Its Innovation
eToro has developed in the last years a completely new approach to online stock trading by mixing up this world with social media. The result is now commonly known as social trading.
Following this brand new concept, online traders on the platform have the possibility to share information about every financial topic related to the assets present on eToro. Stocks, cryptocurrencies, Forex, you name it: there are plenty of comments, insights and ideas that you’ll find on it.
Between them, there are also some of the best traders on the platform that will help you out in many ways. Those who are successful traders, which resembles somehow to social network influencers, are called Top investors.
Top Investors are not only useful for giving help to the community with their precious advice and tips about trading, but they may also be used for other practical uses, such as being the target of the aforementioned Copy Trader.
Copy trader is a feature which will allow any trader to copy any selected trader present on the platform. It means that the copy trader option will copy the selected traders’ portfolio and open up into yours all the operations opened by the trader, and any future operation open by it.
That’s a very powerful option which may open a world of opportunities to even a newbie trader, allowing him or her to gain profit by the success of a more expert trader.
eToro: Its Protection
eToro is also a very well-rounded regulated company allowed to operate on an international scale in many countries and different continents.
While having its operational department in Tel Aviv, eToro has a series of distinct legal entities registered in different parts of the world that allows it to operate freely in vast territories. These entities are:
- eToro AUS Capital Pty Ltd: authorised by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). It provides financial services under local Australian Financial Services. License number: 491139.
- eToro (Europe) Ltd.: authorised by the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC). It provides authorization to operate on the EU territories. License number: 109/10
- eToro (UK) Ltd is authorized and well regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) of Great Britain. Company reference number: 583263.
- eToro USA LLC: registered by FinCEN as a Money Services Business. It provides authorization to operate in the USA.
On top of that, eToro also complies with ESMA standards, which makes it freely available by most of European countries.
This makes eToro present In many parts of the world and in most of Europe, with the notable exception of: Albania, Belarus. Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Crimea Region and Serbia